Friday, June 10, 2011

Charming Crosses Tutorial - Part 2

Hiya!  Well, I made it to the end of the week and its been a busy one closing out the school year at my daytime job and attending graduation rehearsal, etc. :-)  I am happy to report that I have finished both table topper/wall hanging tops and am excited to share them with you tonight!  Ready?

Just so you know my measurements, the white sashing was cut at 2.5" wide (finishing to 2" wide) and the outer borders were cut 5" wide.

Start by adding sashing between the blocks. (Block Tutorial Here!)

Then around the blocks ...

Now, let's add an inner border.  I decided to use this diamond print (Flurry Sparkle Red Ribbon) and fussy cut it a bit.  I cut strips 1.5" wide and used my ruler to line up the diamonds for my first cut as shown below.

Keep adding your inner border (diamond print) and then add your main/outer border.  I used the Joy Red Ribbon on this one.  And I love how this one turned out!

I think I prefer the scrappier version of these charming crosses blocks, too.  But I also like the softer blue version ... more winter, less full-on Christmas! :-)  (I promise to take a brighter photo after I quilt it!)

So what do you think?  If you make one of these, I'd love to see it - please share with a link or in our Flickr group! :-)

Thanks for stopping in! 

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)