Sunday, June 26, 2011

Farmer's Wife Sampler Blocks 1 & 4

Hello ... again!

Have you jumped on the Farmer's Wife Sampler (FWS) bandwagon yet?  I've been hemming and hawing about my fabrics.  I like scrappy, but that intimidates me for something like this.  I think I'll save the scraps for string or spiderweb or something else.  So, I grabbed a long-neglected charm pack, hoping I can squeeze many of the blocks out of smaller blocks. :-)

I also decided to try to paper piece most.  So far, okay.  Here's the first block - Attic Window.

So, I was feeling pretty good ... let's go for another one.  Number 4 - the Basket Weave.  And ... FAIL.

Can you spot the error?!  OMG ... I didn't even realize it until after I took like 5 pictures! LOL  I'm not picking out the teeny tiny stitches, so I'm either going to scrap it or just use it anyway and keep the reminder that no one is perfect.  But I'm sorta OCD too ...

Are you doing the FWS?  Tips or tricks (other than the obvious pay attention when you're sewing! haha)?

Happy Sewing! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)