Thursday, June 2, 2011

Nature Blocks

Hello, hello! Friday is almost here and I am looking forward to the weekend ... how about you?  It's been a busy week at Sew Lux - we've been cutting kits and packaging up lots of orders.  :-)  We're also planning some projects for collections that are coming soon. I will share more about those next week!

I wanted to share some cute nature-inspired blocks I made for another quilting bee that I am in via Flickr.  I had a ball making these.  I think this tree is my favorite ...

I used some Just Wing It Minis Leaf for the leaves and the Houndstooth Chocolate for the trunk (all on Bella White of course).

But this mushroom sure is cute too ...

I used some prints in my stash for this little guy.  I am actually kind of suprised at myself for making a mushroom ... not a fungus fan! :-)

Do you do machine applique? If y'all would be interested in a tutorial or two on this technique, let me know and I'll work on putting one together for you.

Stop by tomorrow for another Customer Spotlight! :-)

Happy Sewing! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Yes please!!
    I love both these blocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done so once! but I would love a tutorial...who knows if I have it down or not! =)

    Oh, FUNGI are so delish! =) garlic, butter...sauteed...mmmmm..... =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love a tute please! I adore mushrooms :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)