Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Need another project?

Hi everyone!  I hope your week is off to a great start so far.  :-)

My mom and I were discussing today that we need to get a world map and some pushpins to mark all the states and countries that our customers are from.  Today we added a new location .... Greece!  We are so thrilled to be building this little once-pipedream-of-a-business and so grateful for all of you ... whether you live in Greece or here in our own county in NC ... who have supported us so far.  Thank you!

It's summertime, which for me means days with no schedule!  :-)  And the opportunity to craft or sew all day if I want to (and don't have other chores that can no longer be ignored).  I've spent some time surfing blogland lately and have come across some neat quilt alongs.  At the moment, I've been eyeballing and lurking around some of them and have started in on a few others. I hope to share a "WIP" report of my own soon .... I might actually rival Mary's list.  ;-)
Have you jumped on the Farmer's Wife bandwagon yet?  There's something about these sampler blocks and the history in them that appeals to me.  Not so much the traditional fabrics, but I love that these blocks are ones that women have been making for many, many years.  I did breakdown and buy the book about 2 weeks ago and I am still deciding on what to do about my fabrics.  I am thinking that they'll be happy scrappy.  But my scraps look like this ...

Think that's too much for this kind of quilt?  I'd love your thoughts!  :-) 

Well, that's all for now folks.  Tomorrow, I have plans to work on the biggest WIP project .... cleaning and organizing my sewing room.  Can y'all relate?!

Happy Sewing! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love your happy scrappy block! It looks great! Good luck with organizing your sewing room... mine could use some help too! No matter how many times I reorganize it, it turns into a disaster quite quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like your happy scrappy...it's busy, but fun. =)

    Have fun cleaning/organizing. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)