Saturday, July 16, 2011

Gettin' Ditty With It

Hey there!  Sorry I've been a sporadic blogger this past week.  It turned out to be a lot busier of a week than I anticipated!  I'm sure you all know how that goes. 

Anywho, I had a mini meltdown on Monday when my Bernina stopped sewing mid-stitch.  OMG.  When a borrowed foot pedal didn't do the trick, I hauled it to the dealer and three days later got the call that she was all better.  (I might have done a little moaning and groaning in the interim similar to that of my husband while his PS3 was out for service.)  Apparently, the electrical wire to the motor somehow got disconnected and just needed to be re-soldered.  Fortunately, my trust Pfaff played nice when I brought her out of hibernation ...

She's seen better days for sure.  But she was sweet and I nearly finished piecing a quilt top with her.  (More on that later this week.)

But the Bernina is definitely my favorite and she's back in business.  Lots of fun with zippers and curved pieces in the last 24 hours.  Exhibit A ...

I made 9 Keyka Lou Ditty bags since yesterday for my mom to take a Dulcimer event where she'll be vending her Little Quilts and other assorted items.  And in case you're wondering, while the pattern is really great and easy to follow, I did stab myself a few too many times with all the required pinning. ;-)  I also discovered that the new pen I was using to trace darts disappeared under the iron's heat.  This is great ... if you're ironing after you've sewn the darts. Whoops!

I made them in mostly music fabric due to the nature of the customers they'll likely go to, but I did sneak in a few "non-music" ones.  I used Spirit Panache in the one of them.

And just in case I hadn't made enough of a mess in my sewing room gettin' ditty with it, I hauled out some stamping supplies and made some "just a note" card sets to sell at the event as well.  I used a sheet music stamp in the background and my husband just rolled his eyes at the subtle pun.  LOL

Well, that's been my week ... minus a few things that will be coming soon.  ;-)

Don't forget that you can still save on Christmas and patterns through tomorrow ... I'll be adjusting prices very late Sunday night and prepping the site for Buy 6, Get 1 Free FQs starting Monday!  And, we've even had to add some Summer House to the Last Chance page already ... gasp!

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)