Thursday, July 14, 2011

Stitch and Share Inspiration

Hey there!  I hope everyone is having a great week!  :-)  I can't believe we are nearly half way through July already ... can you?

Two weeks ago, I introduced our Sew Lux Stitch and Share Challenge.  This month's theme is "summer."  I thought I'd give you another project to inspire you to make something that represents "summer" to you.  (Your project could be anything .... a quilt, wall hanging, mug rug, bag, a block, whatever ... just made with fabric and made by you.)

This flip flop wall hanging is one I made a couple of years ago and it is still one of my favorite quilts.  I love the bright colors and all the dots and, of course, the flip flops.  If I could wear flip flops year round everywhere, I would. :-)  In fact, I leave this piece up year round in my sewing room!

Here's a closer view of the applique and quilting.  I chose the border fabric as it reminded me of beach balls and then selected the prints for the flops using that as a jumping off point for colors.

If you want to play along, you have 13 days until we post the link up post for the challenge.  We'll choose a random participant for a $20 gift certificate to our shop.  Read all the details here.  Hope you'll join us.

Happy Sewing!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)