Thursday, February 2, 2012

Get Organized: Pockets to Go


Hi there!  I am back today with another Get Organized Series post. Today, I wanted to share a project I made from a pattern in the shop called Pockets to Go from Atkinson Design.


These little buckets are perfect for corraling small items in one place.  I made this little fabric bucket for a coworker at school as a birthday gift and she loves keeping it on her counter at home to corral her keys, phone, and other items she frequently uses. Here it is in action. :)


I used some Terrain prints as well as the Lilac Essential Dots and managed to make the whole thing with 4 fat quarters in addition to the peltex and two zippers!  Since I decided to use several prints, I did take a little extra time to plan out the cuts and label them.  I laid them out on the floor in my sewing room so that I wouldn't get anything mixed up.


Look at all the great pockets this has on the inside!


And ... it makes a great gift bag too!


What would YOU organize with a little Pockets To Go bucket?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

Happy Sewing! :)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful bucket... First thing comes to my mind is to use it for my crochet project. with all the pockets around it is so convenient to keep the scissor and the hook separately. Love it...Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I love it as a gift box!!! I'd use one on each of my children's desks to hold their JUNK! Then I'd consider making one for my perfume...oh, I just thought of something else it would be great for. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that box. I would carry it in my car to keep the junk that always rolls out of the tiny bin in my console.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bucket.I`d use it when I n handsewing watching tv.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)