Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekend Sewing : Bee Blocks

I was thrilled to get some sewing done this past weekend after traveling to California and then spending most of the following week trying to catch up at work.  I finished and finally got caught up on my Modern Stitching Bee blocks  ...

For April, we were asked to make some scrappy spiderweb blocks.  We used the tutorial our Queen Bee Sarah made.


She suggested using freezer paper, which I did.  But after sewing the first strip to the gray kite, I moved the paper out of the way for the rest of the strips ... this is just so I could be lazier when it came to ripping the paper out.


Gosh, I sure do hope she likes polka dots!  Obviously, I have lots in my scrap bin. :-)

Some other bee blocks from this bee from previous months ....


A few churn dash blocks for Susan ... I really can't seem to get enough of this Simply Color Ikat Diamonds Aquatic Blue print.


A few Quatrefoil blocks from the Modern Blocks book for Jennie.


(again with the Ikat Diamonds)


I think these blocks are super fun and would make a great scrappy quilt for sure.

And then some random geese blocks for Diane.


It was super awesome that I got to meet Diane at Sew South in March.


Did I mention she has the best frame clutch pattern & directions?  If I can do it, you can do it.

Well, I think that catches me up on posting all my 2013 Modern Stitching Bee blocks.  :-)

What's your favorite bee block to make?

Happy Sewing!  :-)

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)