Saturday, December 27, 2014

Gene Pool Quilt : Progress

Hey friends!

I hope you all had a great holiday with family and friends.  :)  After crazy last minute sewing and running around, I spent the majority of yesterday working on a new quilt top ... just for fun.  (The best kind.)

Of course, I didn't really need to start a new project, but I couldn't stop myself!


We got the new Gene Pool quilt pattern by Jen Kingwell in last week and I had some Moda scrap bags from Honeysweet & Mirabelle by Fig Tree Quilts and I knew they'd play so nice together.


I've added in a little bit of Somerset as well to help me get the size a little better. So far, I'm having a lot of fun playing around with placement and piecing this together.

I hope to finish it next week ... and I should really get a move on since this isn't coming off my design wall without being sewn together!

I'll keep you posted ... one of my goals in 2015 is to do better about sharing my work here and not just on Instagram!

Happy Sewing!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! What a fun pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I ask you please the width of the cut strips for this quilt!
    Thanks Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)