Saturday, February 27, 2016

Mini Mania QAL : Leap Frog Mini Quilt


I am excited to share my Leap Frog mini quilt from the Mini Mania book by Abbey Lane Quilts. This was a fun one to make and I was able to chain piece it together pretty quickly once I got it cut out. 

I chose to use the same print in all the corner stars instead of making it scrappy as shown in the book. 

One tip I would share is to make sure you draw the lines on the back of the squares as instructed in the book.  Next time, I would also consider making my HST blocks a little larger and trimming with a Bloc Loc to make my points come together a little more easily. 


It's no secret that I love a dot background ... this one might be my new favorite - a small grey dot from Zen Chic


I free motioned my mini with some swirls and I love the Vintage Picnic gingham for the binding!  

We have a few kits left in both my version show here as well as Jennie's version - see her post about the Leap Frog mini here at cloverandviolet.com



Happy Sewing! :)

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute mini - love the pretty fabric you have used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)