Monday, February 15, 2016

Mini Mania QAL : Leap Frog

We're moving right along in the Mini Mania Book this month.  Jennie at Clover & Violet and I are sewing the Leap Frog Mini for this month.  We picked some similar colors this time, but I love how different these will look despite a similar color scheme.


 Jennie's kit features prints from Lil Red as well as fun aquas from Basic Mixologie and Simply Colorful II.  She is choosing to emphasize the center star with the pink print. 

My version of the kit keeps the background print as the center star, but uses the same print in all four corners around the center star.  Wouldn't this be such a fun block to make multiples of for a quilt?  At 16" square, its pretty quick to sew.

I couldn't help using my favorite Hello Darling print with some new Vintage Picnic (now in stock!) for my kit ... they play so nicely together! :-)

I'll share some tips as well as my finished mini this weekend!  In the meantime, you can see my progress on Instagram (@sewlux).

Happy Sewing!  :-)

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)